About 10 years ago, I got a wonderful "Twelve Days of Christmas" gift*--a mold for a gingerbread house! Dad thought it would be a fun tradition to start (he was all about TRA - DI - TION!). And I was so excited!
Days later, I found myself in tears just trying to put the thing together--with help!! We would put one piece up and try to hold it while we attached the other with our glue (i.e., royal icing). Hold it a little more so it would "stick". And just as we would go to get another piece because the first two were standing, there would be this light thud. Needless to say, this gift offered a lesson in patience & endurance!
Many years later--as I put together a house in a matter of minutes, deftly with one hand tied behind my back--I believe this is my favorite Christmas tradition. It helps to awaken in me the enjoyment of the holidays...'it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.'
Enjoy GB08! Thanks, Clint, for helping with the snowman by making his body parts! And, Mom, you're the best for cutting all of my roof tiles; that was a (st)icky job!
*For those of you who don't know...Mom and Dad's anniversary was December 13th, and since that was 12 days from Christmas, Dad started a tradition of giving Mom something each day, culminating in her big Christmas Day gift! I was lucky enough to be gifted from time to time, as well.
1 comment:
lauren! i love it! so pretty! Now your next Christmas tradition is going to have to be visiting Virginia. :)
Post a Comment